Buon giorno! Sedetevi e godetevi il viaggio.
(Good Day! Sit back and enjoy the ride.)
Can you believe it? In just one month from today you'll be on your way to the Eternal City—enjoying, no doubt, a fabulous flight!
AS WE PREPARE FOR ITALY, HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO HELP AVOID JET-LAG:
Exhaustion and difficulty concentrating are the most common results of jet-lag. Other symptoms include headaches, nausea and fatigue. The following are useful tips in combating jet-lag:
• Hydrate! Reports suggest at least 1 liter of water before you depart, 1 liter while you are on the plane and 1 liter on the day you land. (This Italian phrase may come in handy too, "Dov'è il bagno?" ... Where is the bathroom?)
• Sleep as much as you can on the plane. When you land, avoid doing what your body is telling you to do, which is go to sleep. Stay awake through the day if possible (allowing a 1 hour “cat-nap” if absolutely necessary).
• The first day is the most difficult, but if you can stay awake during the day, you will rest well that first night and the subsequent nights.
• Be sure to take in adequate nutrition before, during and after the flight. Drink plenty of water and snack on fruit, protein, and energy bars when possible. (Packing energy bars i
• Avoid alcohol on the plane as it further dehydrates you and can make you lethargic when you do awaken. (Ok, maybe a glass of vino.... but then drink two glasses of acqua.)
Looking forward to journeying with you!